Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Random thoughts from my heart...



Hi Mom,
It's Tuesday night and I'm a little tired...probably not getting enough sleep but I am truly loving every sunrise with the sun beaming in the window and scotia meowing before 6am every morning to say, "Get up!! It's a gorgeous day! And feed me! NOW!" She's loving the new house as much as I am...sleeping all day and out prowling in the jungle at night. I installed her cat door, which has become a ritual for practically every house we've been in over the past 12 years....first, the hostel, (12 years ago - when she could fit in the palm of my hand) and then the tiny house on Christleton. Then way out in the Mission on Horak Rd and then to Rosanne's suite and then another, and after that, out in Glenmore, on Tronson (with the apricot tree) and after that, a little further out in Glenmore with the gorgeous back yard. Then, to my beach-house on Wardlaw, which is where we've just come from to Parisio Suerte - our very fortunate (and lucky) paadise! That's 9 houses in 13 years. Wow!! A couple of those were rental suites, but the 7 different houses have been investment opportunities and I'm so grateful for how all of that has worked out...including the investments.

It's intersting to look back on all these years and think about all the places we've lived...all the moments and experiences and mistakes and right decisions too....

All to end up here. In this perfect moment. At this time.

Random thoughts from my heart whisper...
- Timing is everything
- My intuition is usually right
- Life might truly suck in a given moment, but it will all work out for the better...like in this moment when we were getting divorced and I moved into a basement suite (that I barely left for about 6 months).

Thank God for family when you really need them.






- Having a sense of humour can get me through just about anything...and the ability to laugh at myself is one of the greatest things I've learned in our family.


Not that we had a choice when we were young! Survival required it. :)







- I am the luckiest person I know to come from such an incredible family and to be surrounded by so much love.






- Maybe God did hear me
- Maybe He heard every wish, fear, hope and dream
- Some of the best things in life are the things I least expected
- It's nice to not care so much what other people think
- ...and, rather, care more about what I think
- Good friendships go a long way
- Who knew that I didn't have to go around the world to find myself...all I had to do was stay home, in one place
- Living across the street from my little sister is the very best place to live
- If I take care of today, tomorrow will take care of itself

Mom, these are just random thoughts inside my heart as I think of you (and all that jam we're going to make!) and get ready for bed! Thank you for you, for helping me to live a little more intentionally this year and most of all, for helping me to slow down, live life a little more fully and also, for helping me to realize that I really, truly am enough.
Love Crystal

No comments: