Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It really is actually a choice.

Hi Mom,
Sorry I missed writing you yesterday!
In the past couple of days, I've been working on the house and getting the vacation rental organized. I'm excited about all of this but it's getting tiring, Mom. Not physically...but mentally and emotionally. I'm doing OK with the stress of the house not selling but, to be honest, it is wearing on me. I know life isn't always easy, and I was prepared for things to take time. I have savings and I'm fine. But it's all the other little things..like having to water the grass everywhere (old house, new house, and the fruit trees, etc)...or still having to move a few boxes and items from this house or that house...or getting the big old couches out of the new house...or...or...or....!
Look at this couch...it'll take a half-ton truck to move it all! I wish I had been more firm when I moved in b/c there's at least 2-3 loads of stuff that was left here that isn't mine and that I don't want. (Note to self for next time!)

But at the same time, I look around and the stuff I've collected and bought...and really have faith that my quirky style and what I can create down here is going to be a welcomed retreat for people and the vacation rental will be amazing!

I got these leather couches on castanet (classified section on the internet for Kelowna)...and YES...it really is a bean-bag chair! How cool is that...and what about this table!!

...apparently, I'm bigger than I thought! :)


This is my favourite picture!


I've always wanted a B&B and in a way, this is sort of like that.
Except that I don't have to cook...which is good...b/c my omelets look like scrambled eggs. If I could just have a "Bed and Bake" instead of a Bed and Breakfast...that would be OK! I can bake like there's no tomorrow...I definitely got that from you, Mom!

I love you, Mom!
Can't wait for you to come out! You're going to love the house!!
Miss you.
Hi to Don.
Love Crystal

No comments: