Sunday, August 22, 2010

4 Little Thoughts...


Hi Mom,
Sorry I didn't get to write you yesterday!
As I sit here out on the front patio this morning, eating rice cakes with jam and peanut butter, I am thinking of the past couple days....

Living intentionally and thinking about you and what you have taught me...I want to say thank you because, your voice and wisdom helps me every day.

4 Little Thoughts that have helped me and that I've shared with a friend in need the past couple days...(ALL wisdom that I learned from you, Mom)...
1. Most things are temporary. This too shall pass.
2. Step aside...and let whatever is going on, run it's course.
3. Have or create something to hope for.
4. Find inspiration and strength where ever you can (even if it's in a red sweater)!


The count-down is really on now to the race! Next Sunday! One week from today! The race has been something to hope for, to work towards and set my sights on. Even before the race, I know it's smart to look beyond it...to find something else to hope for and think about...

Some things I'm thinking about are and hoping for...
- going camping. It's been so long since I've gone camping and I love camping!
- maybe a holiday after the race in Hawaii
- coming home
- Kate coming to visit next week!
- You and Don coming out in October!

I could go on and on...I'm so grateful to have so much to hope for and be thankful about...

I love you, Mom.
Crystal
PS Things are finally getting finished! The kitchen at the hostel is complete! I have not seen it yet with the sink installed but it looked amazing yesterday as it was almost complete with the new counter tops installed!

No comments: