Sunday, August 1, 2010

They called them crazy...

Lately, I've been listening and looking for new music to run to and I came across this country song that just might be the best country song I've ever heard in the last while.


Love Like Crazy - by Lee Brice

They called them crazy when they started out
Said seventeen's too young to know what loves about
They've been together fifty-eight years now
That’s crazy

He brought home sixty-seven bucks a week
He bought a little 2 bedroom house on Maple Street
Where she blessed him with six more mouths to feed
Yea that’s crazy

Just ask him how he did it; he'll say pull up a seat
It'll only take a minute, to tell you everything
Be a best friend, tell the truth,
and overuse I Love You
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common since
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy

They called him crazy when he quit his job
Said them home computers, boy they'll never take off
He sold his one man shop to Microsoft
They paid like crazy

Just ask him how he made it
He'll tell you faith and sweat
And the heart of a faithful woman,
Who never let him forget

Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I Love You
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common since
Never let your prayin knees get lazy
And love like crazy

Always treat your woman like a lady
Never get to old to call her baby
Never let your prayin knees get lazy
And love like crazy

They called him crazy when they started out
They've been together fifty-eight years now

Aint that crazy?


Mom, this song reminds me of you, because I'm sure that the same was said of you and dad when you were young...
- starting a family of 10 kids
- and a big business
- and then when you moved 5 of the kids into Regina on your own
- or when you pulled all of us out of school to go down to Mexico in a motor home for months
- or a million other moments when you attempted and did what others might of thought as crazy....

You inspire me every day Mom. Just thinking of you makes me feel stronger. When "they call me crazy", I just think of you and instantly feel more confident because, I know, and I feel that you're right there....shaking your head, smiling, and deep-down, believing in me.

Thank you for always believing in me, and even when you called me crazy, I know that you have been secretly proud (at least I think so) of me and supporting me with your thoughts and prayers.

Right now, as I'm surrounded by my furniture that we moved to the new house yesterday...I feel this crazy little feeling of excitement and enthusiasm. Yes, my house still needs to sell...and it will have to sell without my furniture in it b/c I want to start living my life here in the new house, getting settled...creating my home...

I can't think of all the times I've been called me crazy in my life...

Most of the time they were right.

- How could I quit my job with the land development company (when we were broke) in 1996 b/c it wasn't fulfilling and I wanted to find something more rewarding? That was crazy! It was nice of the company to hire me back at a huge pay increase...until I quit a second time b/c it really wasn't fulfilling and I wanted to find my calling! I learned there that no amount of money is enough to make me do something that I'm not inspired to do. (A very great life-lesson!)
- How on earth could the BDC hire me with no banking experience (I think they were crazy!). It was a great fit for a while, until it wasn't any more...and then we drove by the hostel that was for sale. Now that, that was crazy! Learning business skills at the BDC was the missing piece for me in my own business success. I'm forever grateful for the BDC and that opportunity.
- Biking across the country with Carla and Gwen. Yeah, that was crazy...but those 7906km taught us more than we could possibly have imagined!

It makes me smile to daydream and think of all the times that people thought we were crazy! Sometimes, I've done those crazy things on my own...but the more I think about it, it was always an adventure with someone else. And that's probably the secret....if we have someone (a friend, partner, sister) to attempt those crazy ideas with...it's not so crazy...and if it is...and other people are calling us crazy, it doesn't matter b/c we have eachother...and it doesn't feel crazy, when you are with another.

All of these experiences and countless more have made us who we are.
And isn't that amazing! Aint that crazy!
Mom, thank you for not listening when they called you crazy...and thank you for encouraging me when they call me crazy!

I love you, Mom!!
Can't wait to hear how the weekend went!
Love Crystal
PS How 'bout those Riders!!!

No comments: