Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pictures...


Ever since I was young, I wanted to be a photographer. I also wanted to be a number of other things including an RCMP officer, a journalist, a flight attendant, a travel-writer for the Lonely Planet, a teacher, a physiotherapist, a dancer, a singer (well...I still want to be a dancer and singer, actually)... and many other things....

But I really, really wanted to be a photographer!
I loved my very first camera - a Canon Sureshot. Then, when I went to university,I bought my first "big" camera and minor'd in Photography. Loved it! Every moment!

Absolutely every single moment! I was often in the dark-room until 3am...and even pulled the occasional all-night-er! Time went by in an instant. A blur. It just slipped away when I was with my camera.

For my year-end photography show, I played music by Connie Kaldor and depicted life on the prairies in years gone by and how the "family unit" was breaking down and in need of repair, just as the abandoned dwellings were breaking down and in need of attention. I roamed the back roads of Saskatchewan, looking for abandoned houses to take photos of.

When I was at home last, I found a bunch of my photos and work from my show. It brought back memories of how much I loved photography, how passionate I was about my hobby, how clear I was on my dream....and how "deep" I was for being in my early 20's. I was definitely NOT typical!






















I still love photography today! Here are some of my favourite photos taken in more recent years.













These are just a few of my favourite photos...there are so many more!

It comes down to "pictures" for me today. Picturing exactly what I want.





I heard it said that, in life, "you don't get what you want...you get what you picture."

I feel like it's time to get clear on exactly what I want. And picture it. To see where I want to go and grow. There are always decisions to be made. Forks in the road to choose. Sometimes I'm not sure which way to go. I don't always trust my judgement. When it comes right down to it though, my heart always knows. My mind can easily play tricks on me, along with my ego...but my heart...and God...they always know the right way to go.

Yogo tea says... "The head must bow to the heart."

It's true.

The head must bow to the heart...and when I follow my heart, I don't think I've ever looked back.

Love you, Mom. Thank you for leading with your heart. Always!
Love Crystal



PS My friend, Alexandra, introduced me to a great song called "where my heart will take me" that has the most beautiful lyrics.

(Theme from TV series Enterprise, also known as Faith Of the Heart)
Lyrics by Diane Warren

It's been a long road, getting from there to here.
It's been a long time, but my time is finally near.
And I can feel the change in the wind right now. Nothing's in my way.
And they're not gonna hold me down no more, no they're not gonna hold me down.

Cause I've got faith of the heart.
I'm going where my heart will take me.
I've got faith to believe. I can do anything.
I've got strength of the soul. And no one's gonna bend or break me.
I can reach any star. I've got faith, faith of the heart.

It's been a long night. Trying to find my way.
Been through the darkness. Now I finally have my day.
And I will see my dream come alive at last. I will touch the sky.
And they're not gonna hold me down no more, no they're not gonna change my mind.

Cause I've got faith of the heart.
I'm going where my heart will take me.
I've got faith to believe. I can do anything.
I've got strength of the soul. And no one's gonna bend or break me.
I can reach any star. I've got faith, faith of the heart.

I've known the wind so cold, I've seen the darkest days.
But now the winds I feel, are only winds of change.
I've been through the fire and I've been through the rain.
But I'll be fine ...

Cause I've got faith of the heart.
I'm going where my heart will take me.
I've got faith to believe. I can do anything.
I've got strength of the soul. And no one's gonna bend or break me.
I can reach any star. I've got faith, faith of the heart.

Cause I've got faith of the heart.
I'm going where my heart will take me.
I've got faith to believe. I can do anything.
I've got strength of the soul. And no one's gonna bend or break me.
I can reach any star. I've got faith, faith of the heart.

No comments: