Friday, March 5, 2010

Isn't it obvious?

My mom has the greatest "one liner's"!
I've shared a few on my blog and there are many more that come to mind!

One of my favourite parts of my mom's humour is her dry wit. Her edgy sarcasm. The kind of humour that if you're not paying attention, you just missed it.

One of my favourite lines that I only remember my mom saying a few times is, "Well, isn't it obvious?" (For the record...this was never a question when my mom said it. it was rhetorical. Completely.) I have thought about this line and it's premise often. Really, what my mom was saying in her very humorous way was "use your head" or "think about it".

Today, I'm aware of a few things that are obvious to me....

Yes...it is obvious...
Orange juice doesn't come out of a can or frozen concentrate. It's made like this! When did we forget that? Why are so much of what we eat and drink... processed, filled with unpronounceable words, when...the real thing is just so much better in every way?


Pushing your own wheel chair in such incredible destinations around the world is really sad.

I wanna do what ever it takes so I don't end up doing that...it's no way to see a holiday destination!

A little sweat never hurt anyone.
And after it's over...you just feel soooo good!


Eating dinner (especially in such an gorgeous place) is not meant to be a solitary thing.

I am having the most amazing time, doing tons of research to finalize the details of our DIVA Retreat...but I want to honour that there is a little part of me that is lonely tonight. I wish I was sharing this trip and experience with someone special.

Yes...many things are obvious to me...and my eyes are open more than they've ever been.
Mom - thank you!
I love you very much.
(That's obvious, too!)
love your #8
Crystal

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Crystal, you weren't alone yesterday! Remember I told you that I'd think of you next time I found a four-leaf clover? Well, yesterday evening, as the sun was setting, I spotted one on my front lawn! And, as promised, I thought of you! Seconds later, I spotted another one, and just knew that one was meant for me. So, you see we were together in spirit, through the leaves of those little clovers!
Enjoy every moment of your time in PV, and know that you're never alone.
~ Dorothy <3

Brenda McIntosh said...

I wore 'flip flops' to work yesterday :) as I was thinking of you; in Mexico, doing your scouting trip to make our Diva Retreat the best it can be. Enjoy the peace and oneness - as it will surely be a much different experience come end of April! I do understand the flashes of 'lonliness' from time to time. Nothing wrong with acknowledging the feeling. New day today - I have no doubt you are making it a great one! See you soon. Soon I will start counting the sleeps to this adventure we are embarking on! Big hug to you! Brenda