Saturday, March 6, 2010

You've got to put yourself out there!


Well...after a lovely but slightly lonely dinner lastnight, I decided to "put myself out there".

When I was in highschool, I wanted to play certain sports that our highschool didn't offer, being a smaller school. I played basketball with our school team along with a few other sports...but I also wanted to play rugby and water-polo, too, but our school didn't have those teams. I remember complaining to my mom about this and she said, "Well, dear, you're just going to have to put yourself out there". So, I contacted other schools and ended up joining a rugby team and water-polo team with two different highshools, putting myself out there, making a bunch of new friends and having a great experience in the process!

Today, I followed that same advice and had the most serendipitious day...covering details for the DIVA Retreat, doing a dry run of certain excursions, meeting people randomly on the chicken bus that had just the answers I was looking for! (I still marvel at how that happens!) I met so many people who had all the information I needed, some that had contacts that will be helpful. To top it off, I even people from close to home who know some of the same people I know! There really is only 6 degrees of separation (or less), I'm finding! It is a very small world! Even in a little village in Mexico.

An extraordinary day...just by puting myself out there. That little twinge of loneliness I had lastnight disappeared in the process!

Today, I'm also inspired by a friend named Brenda who is coming on the DIVA Retreat...she wore flip-flops to work yesterday! Very Cool!

Tomorrow...lets make it a "flip-flop" day and be a bit of a DIVA, and in the process, Discover our Inner Voice in some small or large way!

Mom,
Adios e hasta manyana!
Te amo!
Je t'aime!
I love you!
Crystal

No comments: