Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sister - Power!

Sister (and mother-daughter) power!



Today, I flew from Kelowna to Calgary. Sitting in the waiting area before boarding, I was sitting near a little girl about 3 years old and her aunt. The little girl was very, very funny. I sat there doing my own thing, eating some of those "real fruit juice" candies that resemble gummy bears (Sort of. Neither are made with real fruit, I'm sure.) Anyway, the little girl clearly wanted some of my candies, so I asked her aunt if it was OK if she had a couple. She said yes, so I shared my candies with both of them. It was a great little moment of bonding between strangers.

When our flight was called, everyone went to line up. The little girl was so excited! They were well ahead of me in the line. The little girl kept waving at me and hollering "bbbyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". Then she told her aunt, "That's my sister!" and proceeded to continue waving. She was so cute! As they got through the ticket checker the little girl turned again and said, "see you be the plane".

Adorable!

I loved the "sister" part best.

Sister-power really is something incredible! It can also be mom-daughter power, brother-sister power and so on....it's really just about the connection that people share.

That's all that matters!

Tonight, I'm at one of my sister's. How comfortable it is to just catch up, sitting at the dinner table, with left-over's from dinner served in front of you. I am blessed!

Tomorrow I've got plans to go and see my other sister Gwen, back in Kelowna, and meet her new bunny rabbits!! They have two! They're brand new and apparently sooooo cute!!! I can hardly wait!

I hope everyone has a sister - it doesn't have to be a blood-relative at all, but I hope everyone has a sort of "sister" that they can talk to, connect with, laugh with and cry with.

Love you, mom.
Thanks for all my sisters and for all the "sister-power" that you and I have shared on our crazy escapades!
love Crystal

1 comment:

Heather said...

It is true, the connection, the unspoken power bewtween two or even more people is amazing.. March 17th was amazing powerful day thank you