Wednesday, March 10, 2010

You'll just know.

My mom would say, "you'll just know" when we'd ask questions about all sorts of things...from knowing when the zuccinni loaf was finished baking in the oven or how to how to deal with a situation at school or how to tell the integrity of a person you just met. Mom is the greatest judge of character. I'm not sure how she knows. She just does. And from my experience, she's always been right.

I think, in life, sometimes, you just know.
You know how you feel. Even if you don't know why. You know what you want. And what you don't. You know if that person is true and genuine. You know if they're not. You know where you're going. What you believe. How you want to be treated. You know when your heart sings. You know what you've got to do. Even if you don't want to. You know when you've done all that you can do. And when to make a new plan.

Yes, we all know many, many things.

If we'd simply slow down or stop and listen to our intuition. That inner voice inside ourselves. It's our compass, always pointing us in the right direction...if we'd just pay attention to it.


Lastnight I surprised a friend of mine, Jose Balter. He owns a piano bar and Thai restaurant called Cafe Flor, just off the Central Square in Antigua. I met him years ago and have been back to see him every time since. He's fabulous. His restaurant (and the food) is excellent. He plays the piano (and his cd that I bought last time I was here is in my kitchen on my counter with a few other cd's that I play regularly!) He's an amazing pianist! His passion for music and creating a wonderful experience for his customers is incredible! The first time I was here, another traveler named Ben (who was at his restaurant alone) along with myself stayed long after closing time and sang, played the piano and laughed!



Anyway, lastnight Jose welcomed me in to his restaurant and a stunning girl immediately gave me a big hug. Victoria. Hi fiance. She is lovely. And the two of them "just knew".

They met in the Central Park. Within 5 days, they knew. She sings. He plays the piano. Together, they look complete. Their music moved me to tears. Victoria's voice fills the space like you would not believe. Jose's passion for playing is out of this world.

They're getting married on Saturday!

Sometimes, you just know.

Mom, thanks for teaching us that that we should trust our intuition, when we just know, and to follow that inner compass to get where we're going.

Lastnight as I walked through the sqare back to my hotel, passing this fountain on the way, I just knew....
...that I'm exactly where I am supposed to be. That life is what we make it. That my inner voice is speaking to me. All I have to do is listen. That if I give my best - that is enough. That the people in my life are here for a reason. That I've got the most blessed life in the world. That I am on my right path. Even if it's unconventional. That people everywhere are simply doing the best they can. Including me. That providence does exist. That I am so loved. And so are you.

Love you, Mom.
See you soon!! I'll call when I get home!
Crystal

No comments: