Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bastante!

This means "enough" in spanish. It became one of the fun words of the DIVA Retreat that were repeated at length. There were other words and phrases as well like "vamanos ala ching gara" (incorrect spelling but, politely said, it means, "lets go." ;) Impolitely, it means, "lets get the F&%$ out of here!"

"Bastante" said with conviction... could mean, "This is really ENOUGH!" or...it could mean "I've HAD enough!" or...it could mean "Enough ______ (you fill in the blank).

I remember my mom saying, "That's enough!" in response to many things. It could have been when we were kids, bickering, or it could have been, as a teen-ager (or more recently), if I was doing the "ugly cry" for too long. Or...it could have been if we were working too hard, struggling with something and she knew better that it was a good idea to take a break.

Whatever the situation, I clearly remember my mom saying, "that's enough!"...sometimes with conviction, sometimes with care and gentleness, sometimes in just a matter-of-fact way. One thing is for sure...when ever she said it...she was right.

It was enough.

This morning, as I refocus and finally get my feet on the ground, and not on the sand (in Mexico), I've had enough!

1. I've had enough of wasting time and lacking focus! Big dreams and aspirations are waiting for my attention and it's time to really get passionate and focused about some of them and bring them to life!

2. I've had enough with my excuses about my fitness and health. That 6-pack is coming! So is summer! I've got a race to train for (two actually) and it's time to get my lexus-of-a-bike out on the road! (My car might be a toyota matrix...but my bike...while being a Cervelo (canadian made)....if it were a car...it could very well be a lexus! Red! Hot and soon to be - fast! I've just been to two of Mel's yoga classes this week and even after two classes, I can see my muscles coming back. (Yes - they're coming back b/c those 90 minute classes are like torture (in a good way)! I can't remember my leg muscles shaking like that, with my face scrunched up and beads of sweat rolling down my spine!)

3. I've had enough with settling for "good enough" in my career! It's time to get committed and confident in what I do and in who I am...

4. Bastante! No more missing a day or two, here and there, on my blog either! Bastante!

I could go on and on...but probably I should tell myself, "bastante!". This is enough for now.

Well, except for one thing.
Bastante! No more eating the whole container of ice cream! Yesterday when making the video of our DIVA Retreat for the group, I ate the WHOLE container of ice cream! BASTANTE!


Love you, Mom!
Crystal

No comments: