Tuesday, May 25, 2010

BEING present.



"What is it that so many people find enchanting in animals?

Their essence - their BEING - is not covered up by the mind, as it is in most humans.

And whenever you feel that essence in another, you also feel it in yourself. Every being is a spark of the Divine or God. Look into the eyes of another and see their innermost core.

Love is a deep empathy with the other's "Beingness". You recognize yourself, your essence, in the other. You are not separate from the whole. You are one with the sun, the earth, the air.

You don't have a life.

You are life."

Eckhart Tolle and Patrick McDonnell


Mom - When I read this, I thought of you. I know the short excerpt is talking about pets...and their "essence" and how, as humans, we are often hidden beneath layers (of stories we make up) in our minds and are rarely present.

Mom, YOU are enchanting, magnetic, because of your essence, your "being" present. You truly are a "spark of the Divine". Everyone who knows you would agree. Spending even just a few minutes on the phone with you helps me recognize myself and my essence b/c you are so connected to yours and so completley present.

Thank you.
I love you,
Crystal
PS This is one of my favourite photos of you (and Don). I can't wait to get to the beach this summer where all there is to do is just simply "be" and be present.

No comments: