Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The energy of synergy...


This is a photo of one of my favourite porters/sherpas last year in India (bringing hot water for tea and washing early in the morning). I can't spell his name properly but he was pure JOY! Every day he just radiated with joy!

He also knew what divine love was. So did the rest of the entire team. I think it is part of their culture and "way of life". The fact that they were such a great team, contributed to their sense of joy and divine love for one another and the world around them.

Today,in my business planning class, we talked about business and how we, as business owners, need to be unique and remarkable in some way and the importance of having a great team surrounding you, whether it's staff, friends, mentors, etc.

For the hostel...it's all about the team! I think it's been the basis for the success of the hostel over the past 12 years. They create the "energy of synergy" with their different personalities, their ideas, their joy for life and what they do!

Mom - I told them the stories of the first time you came to help renovate, and the biker dude that was staying there...and a bunch of other stories. They LOVED them...and the few photos of you!

Lastnight Scotia decided to step up and be a part of the team! I've been looking for that mouse every chance I can. The mouse has been laughing at me...licking the peanut butter off the traps I set and then carrying on like nobody's business! Scotia has decided to become an innocent bystander in the whole thing (even though she started it when she brought this little "present" in to the house as a gift! So...after pulling out the dishwasher, the stove, the fridge...looking for the little critter, and setting traps everywhere, I went to bed. Scotia clearly was perplexed by what was doing and stayed awake "on watch" in the kitchen. About 2am, I hear her running around at the speed of light (Rare...considering she's 20 pounds)! So, I bolted up! She had the mouse cornered in the livingroom under the baseboard heating thing. I was no help. I could not see it or find it. So, I went back to bed. Then, at 4:00am, I hear her again...and I bolt up again. This time she has it cornered in the other part of the livingroom and catches it! Yay, I thought!!! But then with the mouse in her mouth, she goes down teh hallway to the bedroom! I nearly flipped! I followed her and got behind her and urged her back to the hallway and to the front door. She did not want to go outside...after all...this was a present for me! ("how ungrateful" she must have thought I was being!) I got the door opened and shooed her outside. On the step, she let the mouse go. It obviously ran sort of down the steps and then off the side of one of the steps.

Yay!!!!

With a flashlight, wearing only my underwear, I'm out there looking to make sure the mouse is actually on the ground. There it was! I grabbed Scotia and we went inside. I locked her in for the rest of the night so she wouldn't go looking for her friend. She was not impressed. I was grateful that she stepped up on the team to help me get this mouse out of the house!

I gotta say that this mouse is one amazing mouse. It escaped traps, mouse poison, and was actually quite smart. I do feel pretty good that life sort of goes "full circle" and it's back outside and not dead.

Thank God for the power of a team and the energy of synergy.

Mom, you would have laughed out loud at this whole escapade lastnight. I am laughing today.... but lastnight...it wasn't quite as funny.

Today, living intentionally will be simply trying to stay awake in my class. Then...going to the new house for the inspection!! Assuming it all goes well, I'll be able to move in at the end of June!!!

I can't wait for you to come and visit! There will be no "mouse in the house" when you get here!
love Crystal

No comments: