Sunday, May 23, 2010

3 Things that guide me today


Well...it doesn't actually look very different - YET. But there are areas and categories of "garage sale items", "throw out" and "keep". I spent a few hours in the garage yesterday and loved it! There is something so free-ing about going through stuff and getting rid of what you have been holding on to (for no reason). Letting go makes me feel so much lighter! Now, I just need a truck to get the garbage items to the dump and give-away items to the 2nd hand stores.

As I was cleaning, a friend came by b/c they got caught in the rain and needed a lift home. That was one of the highlights of my day. I love it when friends feel so comfortable with you that they just stop in to say hi, to visit, or to ask for what they need. Another highlight was talking with you, mom. Thanks for the visit. I love you! Another great part of my day yesterday was going over to the hostel to visit and catch up with everyone for a bit and then continuing on to go and see Gwen and visit with her and Charlotte. We ate sushi, watched "Valentine's Day" and laughed.

Oh, it feels so good to be alive...to be surrounded by family and friends that are so wonderful...and to be soooo loved.

This morning as I quicky enjoy this coffee and get ready for a run with Linda, I just can't get over the possibilities that lay before me.

Mom, thank you for your ever-present reminder of these three things:
1. That the truth is all that matters
2. That happiness comes from within
3. And that who I surround myself with will have a larger impact on my life, than I could ever possibly imagine.

All of this and everything I am becoming - thanks to you, Mom.
You remain the wind beneath my wings.
Love Crystal

No comments: