Tuesday, May 11, 2010

DIVA withdrawl...


Hi Mom,

I've spoken or visited with about 5 of our 12 DIVA ladies...and it appears we're all going through DIVA withdrawl...missing the daily routine of breakfast, yoga, learning, adventure and friendship.

Of course, I think everyone is excited to be back, too, with a renewed sense of "self", greater balance and a refreshed perspective on life. Yet...there was something quite wonderful about the connection and time spent with 12 amazing women...all eager to live their life to the fullest and let their light shine!

Today, having been away for about 2 weeks, I'm back at work in full swing with the hostel, planning the next Guatemala humanitarian trip and focusing on my speaking work. Yet, I am compelled to take time to work on DIVA Retreat projects that seemingly fill me to the brim! We're already planning the next DIVA Retreat and have space only for a maximum of 18 people, so I know it will fill up long before we are set to go next spring - back to Mexico and the amazing Retreat Center, La Paloma, that we found so incredible on this journey!

The boutique hotel was perfect! Simply perfect! So, we're definitely going back there and will be booking dates with them soon, once Mel gets back from Ireland (She's going there on a trip with her mom for two weeks leaving tomorrow!). Kate has also agreed to be the DIVA Director and will be in charge of all logistics, details, etc. which will be a huge weight off Mel and I b/c we had to juggle running the retreat, lead the programs, take care of all logistics and try to sleep somewhere in there too.

Today, even with so much work to do, I'm compelled to focus on DIVA Retreat stuff...I'm trying to convince myself that doing this is "living intentionally"...but I know I have to actually get down to business and focus on work that needs to be done, too.

For now, though, I'm making videos of each person on the retreat - with their photos and favourite song. I've only completed a couple so far and they are so fabulous! I'll send you a link when the group video is done and when I've completed Gwen, Kate and Carol's videos.

I love you, Mom.
your diva-daughter,
Crystal

No comments: