Sunday, May 16, 2010

Make a list

Mom,
You make lists. Lists for grocery items you need to buy. Lists for what to take to the beach. Lists for things you need to do and even sticky notes on the calendar for various appointments.

This morning, I made a list. Two lists, actually.
After feeling a bit lonely lastnight, I went to sleep and had the best sleep, with Scotia purring loudly beside me. It's amazing what a good sleep can do for one's perspective. This morning, I decided to look at my life objectively to get a more accurate view of what my life is really like.

Two Lists:
1. All the things that are going great in my life
2. All the things that are not going great in my life

First List:
- I have the most wonderful family who love me and would do anything for me
- I have many wonderful friends who always have my back
- I'm healthy
- I am blessed to be able to do what I love and work for myself
- I am fortunate to have an innately positive attitude and disposition
- I am financially secure, for the most part
- I live in a great country where freedom reigns
- I've always been blessed with how life just seems to "work out" and opportunities just seem to come my way
I could go on and on...

Second List:
- I wish I was with the man in my dreams b/c life seems incomplete without having someone to share the big and small moments of every day with.
- my garage needs to be de-cluttered and cleaned out

Funny how making a list, putting things on paper, and then objectively looking at it puts it all into a better perspective. At this moment, I'm very grateful that the "bottom of my barrel" is quite shallow. Thank you God.

Thanks Mom.
I better get to that garage. I know what to do there. As for the other item on that list...maybe it'll come to me when I'm cleaning the garage.

love Crystal

No comments: