Thursday, January 28, 2010

2 Questions to ask yourself - in order.


My friend Linda (in the center of the photo) is truly one of the most special and wonderful people I know. She shared with me 2 questions that we should ask ourselves - in order. I'm not sure where she heard this from, but I've often thought about what she shared with me and it's helped me find clarity a number of times. In this year of living intentionally, these 2 questions, asked in correct order, make even more sense to me.

They have to be asked in order.

Number 1:
Where are you going?

Number 2:
Who's going with you?

I've spent the past day or so at home with my mom and her husband Don. They live this same philosophy. They first live according to their own plan and path that they've set out for their own lives. Then, they keep company with people going in the same direction. I rarely hear my mom talking about people that pull her off her path of spirituality, values, family and what's important to her. It's the same for her husband Don. He curls, plays in the choir and fits a million different things into his life...b/c he knows where he is going.

Very cool! It's so nice so spend some time at home with Mom and Don.
I love you, Mom!

This brings me back to my vision board that I have been working on. It's all about the question - where am I going? I'm looking forward to finishing it when i get home and putting it up on the wall somewhere. I guess this is what living intentionally is all about. Knowing the direction we want to go. Having a vision. And then taking even small steps, every day, in that direction.

Life seems to be much less complicated these days. I'm glad. There are still moments when I feel overwhelmed with "life". Lots of moments like this. But it's all becoming much more simple as the days go by.

And more hope-filled.

No comments: