Saturday, January 16, 2010

What is your vision?

"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart...who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes." Carl Jung

I can hardly believe that almost a month has passed since starting this "year of intentional living". I've learned a great deal, even in this short time, but 3 things stand out for me:

1. Clarity is everything. My desire to live more intentionally is a wonderful thing. However, unless I am crystal clear on what this specifically means to me, it's of no great value or benefit. I'm realizing that I need to be more clear on what exactly "intentional living" means to me and I want to refer more often to my list of dreams, goals and aspirations that i wrote about early on in this project. This will help me to stay focused and be a litmus-test for future decisions/actions/etc.

2. The gift is in the giving. This project initially started out as a gift idea for my mom's 75th birthday next year. I soon realized that, while my mom is (I hope) going to love this creative expression of love for her, the real gift is bestowed upon me. Over the past 30 days, I've thought about my mom, the wisdom I've learned from her and the love she has for me (and all of us) every day (several times per day)...and acted on this wisdom! This is an incredible gift to me.

3. It is possible to get over my desire for treats and chocolate (Slowly. Very slowly.).

Tonight, I sat down and decided to start creating a new vision board. It's by no means complete, at this point, but it's a start with key anchor words and a foundation for many ideas that I would like to experience in 2010 and beyond.


Mom, you've probably never made a vision board before...but you certainly had a clear and compelling vision! I am so inspired by your vision and I am so grateful for your help in creating mine. love you, Crystal

No comments: