Friday, January 29, 2010

No Regrets.

Today, I am reminded of where I come from.

I did a speech for the Young Ag-Entrepreneurs of SK conference today. It was in my hometown of Regina, SK. There were a few people in the audience that were even from the town where I grew up; Southey SK. It's a very small world.

One guy came up after my segment of the conference and said, "You might not remember me but I sat on the school bus in the seat near you and your sister almost 30 years ago." At the time, we were about 7 years old. There were other members of the audience who married my school class-mates and still live in Southey. It's a great place to be from...and a great place to live now.

We grew up on a farm about a mile from town, in a big brick house that my grandma and grandpa lived in with my dad and all of his sisters and brothers, when they were young.

It's so wonderful to be at home, visiting my mom, seeing people that I knew 30 years ago and going through old photos and closets. It's a total gift to be able to come home to the same house we grew up in (not the farm but my mom's home in Regina). And the greatest gift is to see my mom.

Mom, I don't know what I would do without you! Time goes by too quickly. I am realizing this more today than ever before. I wish I could rewind time and spend a lot more time at home with you. I'm sorry I never made more time to come home from university or from Kelowna, once I moved there. Work always seemed to be so busy and get in the way. So true. Yet so sad. I am grateful for this project and making "living intentionally" a priority with all the wisdom you have taught me. I can't wait to see more of you. Don, I hope you don't mind. :)




















I want the next 10 years to go so slowly so that there's more time to spend with you. I want you to really know how much you mean to me, even if my actions have not always shown it. You live your life with no regrets, it seems. Meanwhile, i feel that I've got a few things to change before I could say that "I have no regrets." Most of all, I regret not coming home as often as I could have and I regret that I put my work first for so many years. I regret that I can't turn back time.
I hope and pray that you know how much I love you, need you and appreciate you.
Thank you for everything this week.

I'm stumbling tonight as I write this b/c I see just how much I have not been living intentionally over the years...how many regrets I would have if I had to tally it up at this moment...and how much I've forgotten where I come from. Living intentionally, for me, with my heart so full tonight, is about truly attempting to make up for lost time by creating space to have the time in my life for the people that I love most.

Mom, I love you.
Crystal

No comments: