Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Live with abandon!

Yes! It is time to dance on the table! Sing at the top of our lungs! Live with abandon!

Tonight, a friend and I went to see Robert Fine sing. He's one of those Frank Sinatra "crooners" and he was fabulous!
It was amazing to see him sing b/c he's just so into the "moment". Loving what he is doing. Dancing on the tables. Singing at the top of his lungs. Living with abandon. In the zone. Bliss. Call it whatever you want. He was extraordinary!!

Linda and I had a great time, listening to the music, catching up, enjoying a glass of wine and talking.
Going out tonight and seeing Robert Fine on stage was an amazing reminder for me to think about what I LOVE to do! What I'm totally passionate about! What brings me JOY! What gets me into that coveted state of "bliss" that most people dream of but rarely find the time to experience!

For me, it's dancing. Definitely dancing. And maybe riding my bike. I LOVE both! It's time to do more of that! I leave tomorrow but when I get back I'm creating a plan to get out and experience a bit of the bliss I saw on stage tonight! Yay! This is what living intentionally is all about!

I remember, back in university, a girl-friend, Tania, and I drove from Saskatoon to Calgary for a "party"! We met my twin-sister in Calgary at the bar and all of us proceeded to dance like there was no tomorrow. At one point, the song YMCA came on and the narrow ledge that surrounded the dance floor just seemed to be calling our names. So, we jumped up and danced to this song on the ledge, along with a bunch of others. When the song was over, we all jumped down but it was quite high so there were a few people helping us down. When it came to my turn to jump down, I reached for the guy's hand. At the last second, he moved. (Thought it would be funny.) It was. I landed with my chin and hand hitting the floor first, spraining my wrist and cutting my chin sharply. For the record, I was completely sober, Mom. Carla grabbed me and rushed me to the bathroom where we used a bunch of paper towels to stop the bleeding. It didn't stop, so Carla tells me we're going to the hospital. Which we do. We're waiting in the Emergency for an hour or more. I got to lay down on a bed in a little room to wait. While I was there, I heard the people in the next little room. They were crying. The DR came in and told them that their relative had just died of a heart attack. I lay there in silence.

Life is short.

Too short.

To waste even a moment.

I didn't know what to think.

I'm glad that my DR came in at that point and told me to come with him. We found Carla and all 3 of us went to some sort of operating room. Carla sat in a chair in the room but couldn't stop laughing. I started laughing. It was very funny, all of a sudden. The DR laughed and told her to leave b/c we couldn't stop laughing. It was funny. Well, it was funny, until I got 5 stitches in my chin and the freezing wore off.

I still have scars to remind me of this hilarious trip to Calgary for a party, where living with abandon was what life was all about. It is time to do more of that. With good friends. Real friends. The kind you never have to worry about looking silly infront of. And with those kind of friends, being silly, looking silly, and laughing until you cry would be pure bliss!

Mom, I think you love dancing as much as I do b/c I must get it from somewhere. I remember trying on some of your old dresses when I was in university. Do you remember that long baby-blue one? It was gorgeous. I wish I had a photo of it! I can imagine you dancing to the Frank Sinatra style of music that was playing tonight. I wonder what you really love to do these days? I'm sure looking forward to seeing you tomorrow and asking you.
love you,
Crystal
PS If I didn't tell you about my chin before, now you know the real story.

No comments: