Thursday, January 7, 2010

When God Winks

When I pay attention, follow my right path and am open to possibilities, I can see God winking all around me, offering me signs and hope that my dreams are within my grasp...and that I am, indeed, on my right path.

A "God Wink", or tiny miracle is a seemingly coincidental, random event that happens, to indicate that we are on our right path. It's a "sign" from the universe or God (or whatever you believe).

My mom has more faith than anyone I know. She finds her strength in her faith. She never preached her Catholic beliefs except that when we were young, we should go to church with her until we were old enough to make our own decisions to go or not to go. She never pushed her faith on us, but she certainly pushed the belief in something greater than ourselves.

It's so incredible...when I have faith and am true to myself and pay attention...God Winks happen all around me. I read this book about 4 year ago, when I stumbled upon it (which is a God Wink in itself). My friend, Melanie, and I were at a 2nd hand book store and I saw her looking at a book. She put it back on the shelf after a while and just before we left, I went and grabbed the book I thought she was looking at it, bought it, tucked it into my bag without her noticing and we left. Later, I gave her the book, When God Winks, and said that I wanted her to have it b/c she was looking at it for so long but never bought it. She looked at this book and said, "that's not the one I was looking at". I said that I wanted her to have it anyway and she took it. The next day, we met for coffee and she gave the book back to me, after reading it and said that she believed I was to have it back. My mistake was a God Wink.

Then, just a few months ago, after I got back from India, I attended Mark LeBlanc's Achiever Circle Weekend (which is a MUST for any business owner). He mentioned the book, When God Winks. I sat there, feeling God winking at me, knowing that I was exactly where I was supposed to be. Mark's program has influenced my business in incredible ways. Even more so, his program has influenced my life in immeasurable ways! Through attending his program, along with a number of other key influences, I find myself slowing down, being more present, having more faith than ever before and "dancing to the beat of my own drum", following MY own path, not the path I "think" should be on or that other people want me to be on.



Today was an incredible day, filled with living intentionally and numerous God Winks. I taught a business program for some very amazing and courageous entrepreneurs at Community Futures Development Corp. This week has been an extraordinary week with them, filled with signs and winks, for which I am grateful.

After work, I went to the grocery store to buy a few things. On the way out of the store, I ran into one of my most adored and favourite people on the planet (a friend, mentor and someone that just fills me to the brim). He is a living, breathing God Wink. I have run into him 3 times at the same grocery store in the past 6 weeks. This is not just a coincidence.

Tonight, I met a very special friend for tea. We had not had a chance to connect for quite a while and 2 hours went by in the blink of an eye. I think it was God's eye, offering me hope and an subtle indication that I am on my right path.

This may sound so "fluffy", but it's quite black/white. Signs are always there. It's up to me to choose to see them.

My mom lives her life with faith and belief. Her view is that "if I believe it, I will see it", not the reverse: If I see it, i will believe it.

Mom, thank you for being an example of faith and how strength comes from that. While I am more spiritual than religious, I appreciate understanding how, when you believe it, you will see it. Tonight, as I write this, Mom, my heart feels wide open and hope you know how much I feel you and God winking at me. I love you. Crystal

PS: if anyone is reading this...I have a great little postcard that I made for my consulting work a few years ago. If you want one, let me know. I'll send it to you.

1 comment:

Peter M. Rayment said...

Crystal I've just gone through some of your blog. It's WONDERFUL! lol
It's very inspirational and I too this last year have really "ramped up" my spirituality. It is truly life changing. We are, for sure, not just beings of mind and body, we are only truly complete if we incorporate spirit. To be successful and happy we rally need to be "three dimensional" consisting of mind, body and spirit.

God bless you and good luck!
;)