Saturday, January 30, 2010

Where is your spirit calling you?

Tonight, Mom and Don, Mandy, April, Ryan (3 of Mom's amazing grand-kids) and Ryan's girlfriend Tasha and I sat around the dinner table for 3 hours, eating, talking and laughing.



We laughed...and laughed!

Later into the night, Mom, April, Mandy and I sat at the table together. Mandy and April are their 20's, having the time of their lives, living every moment to the absolute max! It's mesmerizing to sit and listen to them share their stories. They have many tales of fun and adventure. They remind me of "me" when I was their age. I see so much of myself in them. In their eyes. In their spirit. I wonder if Mom sees her spirit in us? Our entire family shares many common physical attributes (big teeth, blue or brown eyes that sparkle) and so many personality characteristics (an abundance of energy and positive outlook) as well.

Tonight, as i write this, I am reminded of the 2 questions I wrote about the other day...
1. where are you going?
2. who's going with you?
...because a similar question came to me today as if I were reading it on a billboard: "Where is my spirit calling me?"

I knew that was what I was supposed to think about right now and write about tonight.

In some areas of my life, I am completely certain of where my spirit is calling me, while in other aspects, I'm not sure. Listening to Mandy and April talk about their plans and ideas brought me back to my own dreams and ideas from years gone by. There is no one "right" answer that would remain true for our whole lives. In the past, I've been crystal clear, at times, on where my spirit is calling me, in every part of my life. Right now, I'm not entirely sure. What I do know is that it involves music (singing and playing the guitar) and the ocean. I am called to and complelled by these things. Today, I had a clear image upon contemplating this question. The ocean. The only image that came to me when I pondered this question was an image of me at the ocean.

I've always been called to the ocean. My spirit is alive when I'm traveling - and most of my travels has involved being near the ocean. I can't imagine actually living elsewhere, forever, but I could certainly see myself living part-time in a warm climate, near the ocean. I've always thought I would end up doing that.

I'm going to Mexico for a brief trip in February to finalize a few details for our DIVA Retreat in April, that's taking place in a tiny ocean-side village in Mexico. I'll be sure to take some time to just "be" at the ocean and allow my spirit to just soak up all that it craves from being there.

Until tomorrow.
To the spirit in all of us and to living intentionally by listening to where our spirit is calling us.
Love you, Mom.
Thank you for the wonderful evening.
Crystal

No comments: